Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What does 'Toronto Under 30' even mean?



A little bit about me: I'm Shelley and this is my blog. I'm studying at Humber College and attempting to get a certificate in Public Relations.... but that's not what this blog is about.

I moved to Toronto over a year and a half ago from Ottawa. I'm loving it here in Toronto. It has great energy and so much to do. Almost TOO much to do.

When I first got here, I was completely overwhelmed. Toronto is HUGE! Where do you start? How do you choose from the hundreds of restaurants, bars and events? Where do you go to shop? What are all these neighbourhoods?

I'm hoping that this blog can help. I want to pass on stories of things that I've done around the city that are good times, good eats and good buys.

I'm 24 and in a kind of in-between stage. I don't want to go to places that cater strictly to undergrads but I also feel too young to be hitting up the places where the young professionals go. I try to find a balance between the two. You don't have to be under 30 to enjoy these things, just young at heart!

Disclaimer: I'm not claiming that these places aren't already well-known by Torontonians or that I'm the first person to recommend them. A lot of the places I'm going to suggest might seem obvious for some people. That's okay. I just want to share some of the places I like with people who are looking for ideas about where to go.

I'd love to hear your ideas, too, if you have somewhere to recommend. I think it's fun to trade success stories and I just want to record these stories so they might be useful to others.

That's all for now,
Shelley x x

No comments:

Post a Comment