Monday, December 14, 2009

Not Just For 10 Year Olds

Last weekend I found myself in a terrifying situation. I was alone, it was dark, and I was about to be killed.

No, I wasn't in the Entertainment District - I was playing laser tag.


My friend Kathleen had her birthday party at Laser Quest. I hadn't played laser tag since I celebrated my 10th birthday, so I was pretty excited to try it again.

ShellBell Sets Lasers to "Stun"

After giving myself the pseudonym "ShellBell" and strapping on my target vest complete with laser gun, I set out into the multi-level maze. The maze was huge. It was lit with black lights and filled with mirrors and half walls so you could try and hide. Hiding was tricky though because of the different levels. As soon as you found an awesome hiding spot, someone would shoot you from above or shoot you through a grate from below.

This is what led to the fear. I found myself, many times, running through the maze with no one in sight and not a sound of anyone in the pathways ahead. The longer I went without seeing someone else, the more the suspense grew. At any moment I might turn a corner and be shot. Later, I teamed up with the birthday girl and we formed an alliance that dominated.

You Should Play Laser Tag Too!

Playing laser tag for the evening was really fun and different. We got a group rate at $24 per person for three games. The Laser Quest arena is located at 1980 Eglinton Ave. E in Scarborough. A little far, but totally worth it.

I'd definitely recommend giving laser tag a try if you're looking for something new to do. If anything, you get an amazing work out and the opportunity to compete with your friends - complete with scorecards.

Biggest tip: Stretch before playing - I was sore for days after playing because I didn't warm up!

If you haven't played laser tag before, check out the video below to get a sense of what it's like:



I Didn't Win, but I Came Close

In case you were wondering, I came in 16th and 17th in the first two rounds, but in the third round:



I came in FOURTH!!

That's all for now,
Shelley x x

No comments:

Post a Comment